25 Apr

To legally work in Canada, foreigners need a work permit. There are 2 kinds of work permits that professionals can get: open work permits and employer-specific work permits. An open work permit allows its holder to work for a maximum of 40 hours weekly for any employer. This type of permit does not require a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) or a  job offer from a Canadian employer.  However, not there are specific eligibility requirements for an open work permit. As stated by IRCC, you can apply for an open work permit if one of the following situations applies to you: International students who graduated from a Canadian designated learning institution (DLI) International students who are having difficulties meeting the costs of their studies. Employer-specific work permit holder being abused or at risk of being abused. Applicants to permanent residence or the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program who are awaiting decision on their applications and their dependents. Civil partners of a skilled professional  or an international student. Civil partners or family member of an applicant of the Refugee status. You are under an unenforceable removal order awaiting a decision on your stay in Canada. Temporary resident permit holder who are otherwise inadmissible to Canada. A trader, investor, intra-company transferee or professional under the Canada – United States – Mexico Agreement (CUSMA). Young  professionals taking part in special programs. Citizens of Ukraine. How To Apply The following link will direct you to steps of application through answering several questions describing your situation https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/tempor 

* The email will not be published on the website.