28 Mar

 Express Entry draws, time is running out of numerous non Canadian professionals and PGWP holders and many individuals may before long be without a legal  status in Canada. Because of the Covid situation there has been no Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) draw since December 2020. Moreover, the most recent Canadian Express Class (CEC) draw was on September 14, 2021. In addition, the latest news updates indicate a temporary halt and  lower numbers for the Federal High Skills class up  till 2024. For people hoping to remain longer  in Canada, we summarise below  the most proper options. Extend Your Stay as a Student A graduate who has finished a one year program can apply for a second program to expand his student stay permit. Note that the Post Graduate Work Permit is just given one time, and finishing a program of one year or eight months allows  a post graduate work permit for a year probably. But if you sign up for an additional 1-year program, you may be qualified for 3-year PGWP after finishing. Also with the ever growing application backlog, and the reduction in Federal High Skills immigration quota for 2022, it's a good idea to extend your stay as an undergraduate at the present. To extend your visit, apply for your study permit at least 30 days before your present one terminates. Additionally, make sure to recharge your Social Insurance Number and health care coverage with your new  extended study permit. Getting Work Permits Assuming you have an open work permit, meaning that  you have the permission that  to work under any business or area in Canada, for example, the PGWP, you will probably be unable to extend your work permit  and your stay. Nonetheless, you could apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit . In this case you are expected to have to present a proof of application for  permanent residency  under a qualifying program.  In addition to that, in case you were ineligible for a new open work grant, you could check the employer-specific work permit. Utilize this IRCC website to find out the sort of work permit is reasonable for you. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/work-permit-types.html

* The email will not be published on the website.